Now, for this week's installment of our a 2 z 4 u & me meme,
the letter I... in the Introduce yourself...
Hmmmm. Do I hafta? I really, really do not like being in front of people, but I'm slowly getting more accustomed to it. My Tuesday night Bible Study girls have played a big part in that project. Okay, so here goes...
The real me...
- Loves grape kool aid. It's my elixir for life.
- Drinks kool aid out of a fine china cup.
- Loves a good campfire, skips the marshmallows and goes straight for the chocolate.
- Learned to live without the ocean and mountains, and fell in love with the sky.
- Misses home, even after almost 25 years.
- Hates noise.
- Grumbled when hubs bought me an mp3 player.
- Now loves that gizmo—it keeps me sane when life's volume gets too loud around here.
- Loves a good storm, especially when I'm outside on the deck, but I rarely get out there.
- Needs a pen or keyboard to think through things.
- Only has half a brain at any given time. And usually not the half I need.
- Hopes my sister saves me a spot on her deserted island.
- Hates winter and feeling like a human popsicle. (It's Quito's fault.)
- Can procrastinate forever.
- Dislikes Facebook.
- Hates cooking. And eating...
- ...but loves munching cookies.
- Still wishes for a magic broom. I'd zip around to visit some faraway friends and go home for supper. A bowl of sopa sounds delish. So does a plate of arroz (pero sin platano. Blech. No platano, por favor!)
Okay, who's kookie idea was this anyway? This is HARD!! And this week of all weeks. Why this week? Waaaa! I've been banging my head on the wall over a bio blurb to send my agent. Have you ever tried writing a bio blurb? I've done it a few times, but this has been the hardest time yet because I wasn't doing a blurb for just a blog setting.
Of course, I did make the mistake of researching how others did theirs. Ay yi yi. So not good. There's no way this un-degree'd mom can compete with all those professionals. Nothing was said about the number of diapers changed, rescuing kids from ingesting goat droppings (No, sweetie, they aren't raisins.), washing walls after a diaper graffiti session, washing mountains of laundry, maneuvering 15 passenger vans in and out of tight spots, extracting little skunks from a boy's hand without getting sprayed, spending hours and hours with student drivers, organizing chaos and school assignments for five kids... Yanno, all the stuff on my
Now that you've just heard from the real me, here's what I have for my "professional bio blurb" so far... (Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike working on this thing?)
Patty learned about blogs and blogging the hard way and now delights in teaching and helping others, sparing them that frustration so they can focus on what God has called them to do. Through her writing, Patty has found the extraordinary God in her ordinary life.
So tell me, how do you handle introducing yourself to a room full of professionals?
I can't wait to meet the rest of you!!
If you're joining us for the a 2 z 4 u & me meme by posting on your blog this week about the letter I, be sure to add your name and the link to that particular post in the linky gadget here. And if you want to introduce yourself a different time, go right ahead! (and feel free to link up with us whenever you do!) =)