In case you're wondering, this week's blog and platform series will post on Thursday and then go back to Mondays.
So, here's my list and progress report...
- I already posted my list of 9 writing craft books to read in '12. I want to add 3 books to that list and read 12 writing craft books in '12. *sigh* Didn't read a single page but I have one packed to go with me to read on the plane.
- Do 12 short vlogs. *gulp* Nope. bummer.
- Go out once a month (brrrrr) and snap pictures--not just 12 outings in March through October like I usually do. Why? To slow down and look for the beauty all around me on a regular basis, even if it's freezing out there. Yes! I've been out clicking several times and even started Walking with Grace on Wednesdays so I'd have a place to simply post a picture or two. ;-)
- Go somewhere scenic here in Southern Illinois that I've not been to before--there's so much here that I've never seen in the 20 years I've lived here. Not yet--waiting for more scenic weather. hehe
- Talk to 12 people about the history of this part of Southern Illinois--my older friends, museum personnel... Not this month. I want to do some research first.
- Visit the local museum. It's closed for the winter.
- Visit the coal mining museum in town. Not yet.
- Visit the miners memorial in town. Nope.
- Hunt down the old mine portals and take pictures. (Do you see the trend here? LoL) No, I kinda got sidetracked.
- Stop at the WF Lake and simply be still. I hope to this month so I can see it in spring--hoping for Red Buds or Dogwoods.
- Go to R Lake and follow some of the paths. This is a spring or summer item!!
- Walk through the woods this spring. hehe. Will do either this month or next. I've been up to the fence row a few times and found the Dutchmen's Britches I was hoping were still there--delicate lil flowers I hope to catch in bloom this year.
So there you have it. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped this month, but that's okay!
How about you? What have you done that's outside the box for you?