I have to tell ya, just having this list of FUN and different things to do this year just because--no pressure to do them, has been good for me! For the last six weeks I've had it in mind and have looked for opportunities to do something on this list, and even better, to do things that are outside the box for me.
It's been soooooo good! =)
So, here's my list and progress report...
- I already posted my list of 9 writing craft books to read in '12. I want to add 3 books to that list and read 12 writing craft books in '12. Read one book so far, The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman.
- Do 12 short vlogs. *gulp* Nope. Forgot I said 12. LoL.
- Go out once a month (brrrrr) and snap pictures--not just 12 outings in March through October like I usually do. Why? To slow down and look for the beauty all around me on a regular basis, even if it's freezing out there. Went out twice in January and once so far in February--but the weather's been so nice it felt like I was cheating. ;-)
- Go somewhere scenic here in Southern Illinois that I've not been to before--there's so much here that I've never seen in the 20 years I've lived here. Not yet--waiting for more scenic weather. hehe
- Talk to 12 people about the history of this part of Southern Illinois--my older friends, museum personnel... Yes, talked to a couple ladies.
- Visit the local museum. It's closed for the winter.
- Visit the coal mining museum in town. Not yet.
- Visit the miners memorial in town. Nope.
- Hunt down the old mine portals and take pictures. (Do you see the trend here? LoL) No, I kinda got sidetracked.
- Stop at the WF Lake and simply be still. I'm a wimp and even though we've had a mild winter, it's still chilly!!
- Go to R Lake and follow some of the paths. This is a spring or summer item!!
- Walk through the woods this spring. hehe. It's not spring yet. ;-) BUT I did check out the fence row last week before the weather turned cold. Fun!!
So there you have it. I'm having a GREAT time keeping this list in mind and doing things OUTSIDE THE BOX for me.
How about you? What have you done that's outside the box for you?