Surely I can't be the only one. Or if you're in another kind of dry spell, maybe this will help...
Sooooo, my most recent brainstorm, which scarily resembled a sand storm or maybe just a dervish, is to jump start some posts with an overly simple alphabet game. This is for anyone looking for an EASY blog post. How's that for shameful? Sigh. I'm that desperate for help, people. I've got to get out of this sand pit and an easy post with some accountability will surely help.
(Idea —>) I’m starting a short-term meme (rhymes with cream) to help get me back to my blog. I’m calling it “From a 2 z 4 u & me” (“a2z” for short) *massive eye roll* It was the best I could do on short notice, sorry.
Here's the deal:
- Anyone can play. I've sent this out to some friends to jump start this blog post jump start idea (pronounced i-deer since I'm really tired right now and this is when my Maine roots show the most) but any one can join us! The more the merrier! Grab a friend and join us!!
- Anything goes. If you're about to Sahara level on the dryness scale, a simple list will work! Or a picture or a verse—anything to get a post up. Seriously. Just make sure it ties in with the week’s letter. It can also be as focused or even a complicated post about a word that starts with that letter. Anything goes, related to the letter.
- One letter a week. We'll start with A and if there's 26 letters in the alphabet (told ya I'm struggling!!), that puts us ending before Thanksgiving.
- Tuesday's the day. Posting day is Tuesday. Or Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. ROFL. If you're like me, you might not remember on Tuesday, so any day works. I don't care, but that brings me to...
- Let's link together! Misery loves company and we can encourage each other on. I'll put a linky up on my site each Tuesday, shortly after midnight so you can link up. I'm afraid if I don't do this I'll wimp out—it's that accountability I mentioned.
- Prize to frequent posters! This is yet another sign of my desperation. *eye roll* I’ll keep track or go back and count and the person who joins a2z the most often will be sent a small gift. And if there’s someone who posts all 26 times—wowza. I’ll stand in amazement and sent an extra special small gift.
My near-and-dear friend Dee Yoder had this to say about a2z:
My blog looks like this:
I feel like this about it:
Oh, happy day...I have help!:
See, I'm not alone. And neither are you if you know what Dee is saying. ;-)
To help make this official (see, another sign of desperation!) I made a button.
And now, if you're looking for other fun memes here's some:
- Monday Manna - hosted by Joanne Sher and Vonnie Blake
- Fiction Friday – hosted by Karlene
- Word Filled Wednesday - hosted by the Internet Cafe
Memes are simply great ways to have something to post for those times you “don’t have anything” or are in a dry spell or rut or just want to have fun or gather with others.
How memes work:
- Everyone posts on their own blog about the week's topic (for a2z you post something to do with the week's letter). Adding the button to your post will help people spot you.
- Once your post is up, grab the url to that particular post and come here to my site.
- Here you'll find a Linky gadget at the end of my Tuesday's a2z post. Paste your url in, add your name and click Enter.
- Your name will be added to the list of links so people can visit your site. (Think of it as an online progressive dinner sort of thing.)
- Visit several people linked up there. It's how you'll meet people, get to know them and encourage them.
a2z will start next Tuesday, May 24th,
with the letter A—if you’re interested.
Come join us!